“Do It For Me” which is the default option
Do it for me is designed for those who:
- Do not feel comfortable making regular investment decisions.
- Do not want to review their investment selection regularly as they approach retirement.
- Would prefer to select an automated approach that switches their funds for them into less risky funds (like bonds and cash) as they approach retirement as follows:
|Growth Phase||more than 20 years from retirement||High Risk/Return Growth Strategy (PDF 127KB)|
|Transition Phase||between 6 and 20 years before retirement||Medium Risk/Return Growth Strategy (PDF 127KB)|
|Consolidation Phase||last 6 years before retirement||EMPOWER Cash Fund
EMPOWER Pension For Life Fund
Low Risk/Return Growth Strategy (PDF 127KB)
“Do It Myself” which allows you to take control of your investment choices
Do it myself is designed for those who:
- Want greater control over their pension investments.
- Understand investment decision making and are comfortable with the idea of selecting investment funds.
- Are happy to review their investment approach regularly, taking particular care as they approach retirement.
- Want access to specific investments.
- Know how they would like to take their benefits at retirement (cash, pension, ARF).