Solving problems

Any queries about the Scheme and your benefits should be referred to the Pensions Team in Edinburgh, who will always try to provide a prompt and accurate response.

If however, you are not satisfied with the response you receive, the Scheme has an internal disputes resolution procedure to resolve any disputes between the Scheme and its members and beneficiaries.  You can obtain a copy of the procedure from the Pensions Team in Edinburgh.

You may also apply to The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) for assistance at any time.  TPAS is available to help members and other beneficiaries who have pension queries or other difficulties, which they have not managed to resolve with their scheme’s trustees or administrators.  TPAS is a Government funded body and will allocate a professional adviser to liaise with the Scheme on your behalf.

The Pensions Advisory Service
11 Belgrave Road

Telephone:  0845 601 2923

Email: enquiries@pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk

You may also approach the Pensions Ombudsman to decide a matter involving your membership of the Scheme. He can investigate and determine complaints or disputes of fact or law in relation to an occupational pension scheme which are referred to him within his jurisdiction under the Pensions Act 1993.

The Pensions Ombudsman
11 Belgrave Road

Telephone:  020 7834 9144

Email: enquiries@pensions-ombudsman.org.uk